Web development is an important part of business in the present times. Nonetheless, if you were working with global exposure or you were only a start up company, web development may be your ultimate solution. In order to get global exposure for the brand, you need to have your official website. Consequently, while enjoying the best benefit, you may need to take special care of the requisite web improvement. For employing quality web design and development services, you may have two options. The foremost may be hiring a professional web development or web maintenance firm or a full-time web developer in the office. Actually, there would be several benefits over hiring a professional web design and development company.
What is website maintenance checklist?
It would be great time for businesses to assess themselves along with making specific goals for the coming year. This would be inclusive of the analysis, review and update of the company website. Find below few things you could do for evaluating, planning and assessing a better year for your website along with your business. It would your website maintenance checklist.
- You should download a copy of your website to create a back up on CD Rom or DVD. Take some time now for scheduling and then regularly download along with making a backup of your copy of the website all through the coming year.
- You should schedule monthly or quarterly backups. It would help you in making regular changes along with additions to your website. By having an archived copy of the website at your behest, it would be handy if you ever required replacing or reinstalling your website again. It would also provide you with an on-going business archive of your website along with the changes made to it all through the year.
- You should review and update any copyright dates along with time references all through the website. You should find and replace the last year’s date on your website. You could also spend a few additional minutes for programming your website. It would be done to update all dates and time references automatically. It would be imperative so that you do not have to update them manually in the coming times.
- You would be required to review your domain names.
- You should check internal and external links on your website.
- You should test the forms available on your website.
- You should examine the overall design of the website.
- It would be pertinent to analyze the content of your website.
- You should review your SEO and web statistics.
These would be important aspects included in your checklist.
Author Bio:- Rohit Rajagopalan has been widely popular for his immense knowledge on the SEO arena. His blog posts and articles have been widely acclaimed as the best in the business. His knowledge provides to your specific needs in the best manner possible.